Skills Links Program
NEXT SESSION BEGINS NOVEMBER 10th! APPLICATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 30, 2014
Skills Link Program is a broad based project focused on action plans and goals to help participants develop life and employability skills and assist them in becoming successful in the workforce. The program assists 12 individuals between the ages of 15 and 30 who are facing barriers to obtaining and maintaining meaningful employment. Participants will engage in 6 weeks of paid in-class training followed by 6 weeks of work experience.
In-class sessions will focus on helping individuals develop a broad range of skills and knowledge that they will need to participate and succeed in the job market. Topics include:
- effective communication skills
- problem solving
- goal setting
- decision making
- resume writing
- cover letter development
- interview skills
- how to be a valuable employee
- budget development
- career exploration
- healthy living
- First Aid / Level C CPR & AED
Participants complete 30 hours of training per week from 8:30 - 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday at a pay rate of $10.20 per hour. Following successful completion of the in-class training, participants will start a paid work experience with a company that is of interest to them.
We are looking for youth who need further assistance, in order to enable them to make a successful transition to employment or return to school.
Do you Qualify?
- Youth between the ages of 15 - 30 years
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment
- Out of school
- Earn while you learn
- Canadian citizen, permanent residents or people who have refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations and not in receipt of EI benefits or not having received EI in the last three years.
If you meet the above requirements or need further assistance please email your resume to
Or contact Gary or Jodie at 403-529-4733
YMCA Employment Center
770 1st St. S.E.
Medicine Hat, AB